We’re taking precautions to help minimize the spread of Coronavirus. You can find more information about what we’re doing on our website here.
There is no higher priority for Brooks Hearing & Speech Clinic than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the TX Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- Our lobby doors will be locked during regular business hours. Please call (888) 692-3809 to let us now when you arrive for a scheduled appointment. We will provide curbside service for hearing aid drop offs. For those patients scheduled for testing or adjustments, we will escort you in from the car when the provider is ready for you. This will reduce the possibility of exposure in the lobby.
- For battery or supply pick-ups, please call (888) 692-3809, and we will put them in an envelope with your first name and last initial and at the scheduled time. These will be taped to the outside of the lobby door for pickup.
- We will be offering to mail out supplies such as batteries as well, so please call or contact us if you need anything!
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients.
Brooks Hearing & Speech Clinic